As you get older do you find yourself being more cautious of whats around you? I am a SAHM and my SO works away from town so the car just sits outside unlocked and I get very hesitant about getting into it, I just never remember to lock it!

Seems like when I was younger ( not that long ago, like 3 years ago when i was 16-17) I would go out at 3 -4 in the morning and walk a block or 2 to my car and not have a care in the world, but now we live in the suburbs and I get so scared! Last night I let my cat in the window and kept picturing a man jumping out in front of me( my window is on the first floor).... Do any of you ladies ever feel this way? BTW, didnt want to put this in Just for fun, but didnt know where else to put it

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 10:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ya I feel like that to, If I walk outside I always make sure I have the deck light or the garage light on. Lol when I was younger I would walk in the dark and not give a care lol. I think mother mode kicks in now!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I'm a fanatic about locking my car and house. With my car, I lock up, check all door buttons, and check to see the alarm light is on. With my house, I catch myself walking back from my car to house to check if the house is locked. I am former military and lived on my own for a while, and have the psyche that "if it's not locked up or nailed down, it'll get stolen". Plus, I let my dog (a 65lb Belgian Malinois) to run into the house before I walk in.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 10:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• well yes I felt more cautious at 25 then I did at 20 but now that I am 48 not so much I figure I'm tougher than I look and I;m not afraid of anything.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Why don't you lock it in the day time? Put a rubber band around your wrist to remind you or a note on your front door and on your dash!! No way would I leave my car unlocked and I'm in the suburbs and alone a lot with kids too. Is there a trusted neighborhood friend who would walk to your car with you?
    Anonymous

• LOL no its right outside the door... I just get this feeling, i highly doubt anyone is inside of my car and i rarely go out at night, but i just went to get cigarettes and felt the same feeling... It just weirds me out... I dont think ( atleast i hope) nothing will happen to me. I just think over the years and maybe its because of motherhood , i have changed and i am beginning to care more about myself and am more aware of what COULD happen.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• ohhh well get two dogs and keep one in the house and take one outside with you and/or talk on the phone while you're locking it so someone will know what you're doing then. Can you have so put up security lights around the house? REMEMBER TO LOCK IN DAY LIGHT!!!
    Anonymous

• I belive that no woman should be without protection. I took a conceled wepons class and now carry a berretta bobcat 22 pistol. Its small and easy to carry around. I feel much safer knowing that no matter what I can protect myself. In most situations the man can almost always overpower the woman and I belive in an equalizer. All women should always have mace or something anyways. No matter if your just walking down the driveway or going jogging through the park.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009