What are some of the old wives tales about marking your baby?

I have developed the habit of rubbing my belly a lot and my mom keeps telling me thatt I am going to mark my baby.

Bjr33

Asked by Bjr33 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Wives tales are just that, wives tales. I think that the most annoying thing about being pregnant is the wives tales that people try to shove down your throat and perceive as truth. Someone once told me that they stepped in a turtle and because of that their baby had a turtle birthdays....dumbest thing I ever heard.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• my ex MIL told me if I didnt drink a glass of OJ a day my baby will come out retarded

I never heard that before, I also will NOT believe it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• old wives tales are used to scary people into using their method on how they think pregnancy or child raising should be
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• When I was working an older lady told me I shouldn't raise my arm above my shoulder or the umbilical cord would strangle my baby! Really?!?

Answer by missanc at 1:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I thought that was just letting your baby know you loved them
    What's marking? Never heard of that one ever
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Also heard that if you eat red hot peppers or jalepenos that your baby will be born with red hair! I had two blondes! (:
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012