Christmas

Will Santa bring your kids gifts this year? My husband and I decided that santa will bring our dd one gift every year and we would buy the rest. My family is so against it saying that she will be disappointed when she finds out that he isnt real so why set her up for failure.

KColeman90

Asked by KColeman90 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Just for Fun

• No, we've never done Santa. My kids are 10 and 7.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Our children are 12 year old twins & a 15 year old that will be here for Christmas this year so no presents this year from santa. Next year when the 5 year old & 7 year old are with us Santa will deff be here for a visit. I dont think its setup for failure hun. All kids like to beleive she will be fine. YOU DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOUR DAUGHTER <3
    Allmermommy12

Answer by Allmermommy12 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I wasn't disappointed when I found out. I thought it was cool to get to help play Santa for my little brother's. I don't personally know anyone who was traumatized because they believed in Santa. DS gets presents from Santa every year.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I want to meet these people who are supposedly so distraught over finding out Santa isn't real. I have heard so many people claim this is what will happen if we lie to our kids, but really - where are these people and how many are in therapy over it?

Santa brings one gift here, and the rest comes from me and the rest of the family.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Santa brings the toys and mommy gives the clothes LOL I dont care how boring they think I am
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Yes Santa will be bringing gifts and my 13 year old knows Santa isn't real now and she wasn't disappointed or upset when she found out all she said was I knew it, and laughed.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No she won't- if you do it right. We always gave/give most of the gifts and Santa leaves 1-2 for each kid every year and something for the dog or whatever...always unwrapped. When my kids got old enough that they asked if Santa was real, I told them YES- just not the way they had thought before. That his spirit lives in all of us and every time we give, are kind or help another person, we are basically being Santa. Both of my kids took it very well, and we STILL do the Santa gifts every year
    *they are now 19 and 16
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• yep. Santa brings the big gifts, the ones that take time to put together (cause who wants to wait an hour or two to play w/ a new toy?!), and family presents (usually movies, games). i love Santa and i was fine when i found out, granted i just slowly stopped believing. my mom explained it like this "if you dont believe in Santa you dont get presents" so at 18 i was still saying i believed in Santa haha. its for the tradition, the spirit, the magic and the joy of giving gifts anon (as in my kids dont know its me). no one will ever convince me that santa is a bad thing.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Yes. My kids know about Santa and we still do it because its fun.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• My birthday is on Christmas. I figured this out really early because some relatives weren't smart enough to wrap the birthday gifts in different paper.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2012