TB exposure **update **

So I followed through with the appointment and my ob and I discussed all the factors

She didn't think I needed the PPD after the discussion. She said although my father had a direct exposure, he wasn't ill, so she wasn't overly worried.
Also, since it'd been less than 2 weeks, she figured I could test at a later date if I was really concerned.

Anyway, thnks girls for all the advice! I appreciated it!!! :)

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Good. Was thinking about you this morning. Thank you for updating us. That is kind of what I was hoping and guessing would happen and I am glad that you were able to put some of your fears to rest. :)
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Nice!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• TheMOMmission,
    Thanks I appreciate the thoughts :) I appreciate That. I'm glad I talked to you all yesterday. My ob hadn't realized the exposure was less than 2 weeks. She also figured since I wasn't in direct contact with said person and my dad wasn't physically sick that it would be okay to avoid testing at this point.
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• See, I told you that if your dad hadn't gotten TB from his exposure that you should be fine! Now you don't have to stress about it:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• She said he wouldn't test positive now anyway if he were from that exposure cos it's only been a week and a half. So I guess I'm not really worried about it. Of course she said if my dad becomes ill, tests positive, or I become ill, then I should come in for a test
    Cowbell88

Comment by Cowbell88 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• good to hear!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2012