How am I suppose to afford my meds

ok just I was recently diagnosed with asthma then found out I have anxiety and I am also on meds for depression and also just recently found out I also have as acid reflux. my husband just found out he has high blood pressure so he is on meds for that and another med and now they might be putting him on something else. we do have insurance through his work they won't let us have insurance through welfare his 1 meds wasn't bad like 5.00, but his other one is 15.00 not sure how much the other is going to be yet so his is 20.00 or more a month. my anxiety is 5.00 but only take that one as needed then my depression meds is 15.00 and my reflux is 5.00 the one inhaler he gave me in office that is the one as needed the other I take 2 puffs 2 Times a day this is the one I can't afford he had to up my dose it is 40.00 a month the dr said that was the cheapest 1 but I can't afford that a month that is a total of 80.00 or more a month we are tight as it is I can't afford these but we have to have them. He doesn't have samples I asked? what are my other options?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Go to the medicines websites, they usually have coupons. If they do not you can call the company and ask
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Many Drug Companies offer assistance to those that require their drug but cannot afford it. Like the previous poster said, go to the drugs website.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• As the pp's stated, this is the best way to go. Often, your doctor's office will have the necessary paperwork, as well
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• oh and also long term meds we have to buy through mail (New) when we do that we have to a 90 day supply I can't afford all that at once.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• http://www.rxassist.org/

I can't make it clickable but start there
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• CANADA!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Before you get all those drugs, remember that one drug can spiral into many different side effects leaving you with needing more drugs to combat those reactions....

For instance, if you are taking Xanax, that can actually CAUSE anxiety as well... they you might think you need something else or something additional to combat that anxiety. Albuterol or other asthma medication can cause anxiety and high BP both. Many drugs cause depression.... Many anti-depressants CAUSE depression and anxiety as well.

It's very tough, but I would sincerely consider trying only one medication at a time.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I was depressed all the time I would cry about nothing this is why I am on that. they done a breathing test on me and they said it was asthma
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• google the names of what you are on adn get as many coupons as you can, mail order should still take a coupon
    also google prescrition assistance in _______________county, we have churches that provide medicines for the needy here
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• google search ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 5:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2012