What do you think about this crap?

I am pregnant and have had a VERY difficult pregnancy. One thing after another has happened and I was told several times (at 6 wks, 14 wks, 18 wks) that the baby would not survive or had no heartbeat. I had an incompetent caregiver. 

I haqve reached the viability stage but sometimes still worry about the million possible things that could go wrong.

Here is the question/situation:  DH told me last night that if anything were to happen to this baby that we are "done"  he would never forgive me and our relationship would never have any hope, we would be DONE.  What would you think about that comment and how would you react?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• Umm, I'd have been at an attorney's office this morning. Honestly? For me, there would be no coming back after a statement like that. How dare he?!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

Answer by Mrs_Prissy a minute ago

My thoughts exactly.... even if the baby is perfectly healthy why the "F" would I want to stay with him after that sh*t!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Yeah, I agree. That's just so over the top and so out of line that it really speaks volumes about his character.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• seriously ditto Prissy!! i'm so sorry your baby's dad is an ASSHOLE
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• It is clear to me that he is 'done' already and hoping the baby holds it together. If I were you hius crap would be on the curb when he got home today. Thsat is total bullsit.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I would be done now, I wouldn't give him the option.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Have your baby, and when you leave the hospital, do so with all intentions of being a single mother.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma a minute ago

We have a son already, I do not think (or I would hope) that this is not a matter of holding things together. I think he is just an ass.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Wow. What a douche. I hope you are putting his stuff outside right now, or at an attorney's office, or something. Change the locks at least! How could he say something like that to you, as if it's your fault that you've had a rough time of it. Unless you're deliberately doing things to cause harm to your baby- that would be the ONLY case where I would say that something like this was right(not that you would)- he has NO RIGHT to say something like that to you... I hope you either lay down the law and find out where the hell that came from(if you feel things might be salvageable- I would not) , or just put him out and be done with it.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Does he harbor some weird belief that something you've done is what put the baby into high risk?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2012