How could it be that easy to walk away?

We have known each other for over 10 years. He was my first. I moved away and we lost contact for years, got back together and its been 8 months. I got pregnant and we decided to get an abortion. This has been a long distance thing but we visit often. He just ended things because of my trust issues and the constant arguing. He said he would not give up on me but he just told me that he is done and dont want to talk to me anymore. How could he just walk away? I am broken and want to call him but I know that would push him away more. I am here visiting now and wont be going back home (10hours away) until the end of the month. This is driving me nuts. I dont know how to deal with it. He claimed to love me but its so easy to just cut all ties? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• "just ended things because of my trust issues "

Probably because it is so hard to constantly be distrusted for no reason. You need to work on YOU before you enter into another relationship. That's just my two cents; I don't know the whole background but if you are constantly suspicious of him, constantly doubting him, constantly accusing him, constantly distrusting him then it's not worth it to him to make it work.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I don't understand. He broke up with you but you are still at his house until the end of the month?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Well, first of all, if he broke up with you, why are you not leaving?

Second - you don't trust him. Do you understand how exhausting it is to have someone analyze your every word, every move, to have them think you're lying no matter how honest you're being? To have someone checking up behind you, accusing you of doing things you're not doing? I mean, seriously, it's exhausting - and it's even more exhausting when you're not doing anything to earn that lack of trust. And eventually, you do get fed up and say "screw this, I'm done." No matter how much you might still care about that person, you just reach that point where you just can't do it anymore. Apparently, he's reached that point. Sorry that it hurts you, but work on your trust issues and you'll then be able to see why this happened.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• jus do it
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I am staying with family so I am not at his house. He gives me reasons not to trust him. His phone rings all times of the night and he dont answer it in front of me. There are several things and I constantly feel like I dont have his attention like I use to. He talks to me any kind of way now where as he would be more considerate of my feelings in the past. I just like to address things right away and I come off like I nag all the time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• He is not innocent, the things he do and say causes me to wonder if he is seeing other women. I want to work through it but he want to leave me for what seems to be something small ( I nag too much) I am insecure and worry about the wrong things.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Sounds like you should have broke up with him. You really should be glad he broke up with you the way you talk about him. sounds like he is cheating on you anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• You hit the nail on the head louise2. I should have broke up with him. He is a jerk
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• so why are you upset? Sounds like you should be happy its over
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I guess I am upset at how mean and rude he is being and willing to let me go so easily. I thought he would fight for me, even if I wanted to end it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2012