What are they looking for?

My iron is low, my liver function is elevated, and my spleen is enlarged. Now my dr. wants to run a full body ct. What on earth is he thinking this is??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• They are looking for cancer. Tell your doctor that you want to know, as you are anxious and the test is creating worries for you. Please don't be alarmed at what we say. Yes, that is one of the primary things they are looking for, but that doesn't mean they will find it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Why don't you ask him? Sorry I know that sounds like a smartass answer, and I don't want it to sound that way, but really only he knows. If he hasn't told you, either he doesn't know or he doesn't want to scare you. I would refuse the CT until he tells you why he wants it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• in a full body ct he would be looking for several things one of them woulr be anyother enlarged organs, tumers ect.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:41 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree. I've always demanded to know what's being looked for for myself and my kids or no testing. That way I research and am prepared and if there's nothing or minor I've become more knowledgeable. Sitting and not learning makes me more of a basketcase than being aware. Ask your doctor, call and tell the staff you want to know now, in the day of course. But when you get the scan if you get it, no tech will give you the news except if of course it's immediately deadly then you'd hear from their staff dr. right away. Most doctors feel patients should be the last to know really its' about the patient so tell the patient first.
    Anonymous