Do you believe that people who do not attend church every Sunday are not Christian? Do you believe God takes attendance?

My daughter attends a religious school as did I. I went to mass every morning and on Sunday Mornings. My daughter does the same now and attends Keysis for 2 hours after Mass on Sunday. The other day this girl (who is a friend of my daughters) said, Catholics are not Christian and neither are people who do not go to church/worship services on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. I asked if she thought God took attendance and she replied yes. I found it interesting to have such a small view of religion. What do you think?

Asked by booklover545 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Religious Debate

• The girl is just spewing out the bs that she's taught by her parents and consequently her church, I'm assuming. People like that will be awfully surprised when they find out what God really thinks of that kind of thinking.

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I think that attending church is part of being a Christian but if you don't attend everytime the doors are open I don't see Jesus taking attendence. He wants us to worship with other believers. At the same time my grandfather didn't attend church often but was one of the people who lead me to Christ by his actions & faith. I found out after he died that there was a good chance he couldn't read well and was scared of being called on to read in front of others.

Answer by baconbits at 12:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2012

• I don't think God takes attendance, I think people do. I feel like a lot of times people want to judge who is or isn't there so that way to make themselves look better in their own eyes. I feel like if you want to attend church everyday that is great. If you want to go only on Sunday that is great. Each person's walk with God is there own and they shouldn't have to explain why they weren't at church on such n such day... JMO

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No. People who believe that are off their fucking rockers.

Send your daughter to a real school, please.

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• "Do you believe that people who do not attend church every Sunday are not Christian?" Of course not.

The bible does say not to forsake the gathering of the brethren but God looks at our hearts, not our church attendance. We can attend every day and still not have a relationship with Jesus.

Answer by HHx5 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• God doesn't care if you go sit in a man made building and listen to some man/woman tell you what their interpretation of the Bible is. God cares about what is in your heart. Man cares about the outside. That little girl is in for a very rude awaking as she gets older.

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't think going to church makes you a Christian anymore than spoons make people fat. I'm a Christian and I don't have a church home right now because its hard to find a church that makes you feel comfortable and doesn't have clicks.

Answer by healedbystripes at 12:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• no and no

Answer by older at 6:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• **their... oopsie! :0)

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Free for All My daughter does attend a real school. It is one of the top ranked schools. The girl who said this attends public school and is Evangelical Christian.

Comment by booklover545 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2012