Why is it that everyone goes to Snopes.com to see if something is true or not?

I mean really, whoever said they were right about everything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes. I blasted out one of those falsifieds and was very embarrased. I no longer blast and now check snopes for everything
    Anonymous

• They actually do some checking into things when a lot of people just spread a lot of crap around with out even knowing where the info is coming from. I always go and check to see if stuff is true.

Anonymous

• I check, not always snopes, because I don't want to pass along false information to others.

ferrisdaval

Answer by ferrisdaval at 10:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You should always question everything you see and read on the internet. Snopes is good about researching and finding the truth so you don't look silly when you go around telling something that isn't true.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:55 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Snopes is good. Looking something up on your own is smart too.
    Anonymous

• Because they are ignorant. Just sayin.
    Anonymous

• I check several sources as well as doing my own independent fact checking, Why? because passing along false info makes you look like you didnt take the time or care to make sure your facts were correct, i would rather have people annoyed i checked then to pass something very wrong on and have people screaming at me.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Check because some of this stuff is used to spread viruses.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Most of the time, Snopes has information on things that are being recirculated that began years ago and have been proven false. I hate getting the same crappy "warnings" over again so I just post the Snopes link and tell them it's an oldie that died away long ago. Most people delete their posts after that. I mean, why scare people who don't know any better?
    But for any of the newer information, I just keep my eyes open to any other sites that prove or disprove what is being said - Snopes is not a know all for new info.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I LOVE SNOPES!!!
    Anonymous