Should I leave him? I read his diary and found things I cant believe..

My boyfriend and I have dated for nearly 2 years now. It has been a rocky relationship but we always got back together because I loved him and thought he felt the same. I recently came across his diary on a holiday trip we were together and found out a lot of different things he has written about our relationship, me and him trying to seek clarity when it comes to me whether he should continue being with me. He said he loved me. He spend every day together. Do lots of things together that are adventurous. Help each other. He wrote in his diary that he gets bored of me a lot. He wrote he doesnt even know if he loves me. He doesnt know if he missed me or the attention when we broke up. He wrote that when we were together in the beginning, all he wanted was for me to fall in love with him & make me submit. He wrote several times that he finds me physically unattractive. All contrary to his actions in real. What should i do?

love2bhappy123

Asked by love2bhappy123 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• Leave him. You've read his words. What more do you need to be convinced? Don't be afraid of being alone. I suspect that that is the real reason why you keep coming back to him. He clearly doesn't respect you at all but thinks it's okay to keep using you. It really concerns me when you said he wrote that he wanted to make you submit to him.... this clearly shows that he was with you feed his issues with control. Don't confuse control with love. He misses torturing you emotionally, knowing that he could disrespect you and you'd still want to work it out. You have a long life ahead and TRUST ME, you will have many more boyfriends. Don't waste too much time on any one guy. Keep looking until you meet the right one. When I was young, I thought my world would end if I left my first BF but looking back, I'm so glad I did. You can't meet the right person unless you start respecting yourself first. Respect starts with leaving.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• A man has a diary??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• You invade his privacy and want to know if you should dump him? I suggest someone call him and tell him to dump you.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• If you felt the need to read his diary, the relationship was already doomed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• You read his diary?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• A man has a diary!? HHMM!

Answer by louise2 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• This is an easy one. He doesn't leave out of inertia. It takes too much effort to change things. It's a common problem that happens to women and men.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• LEAVE HIM
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I write alot, none of it in a 16 year old diary book with a lock and key, I find it odd that a grown man keeps a log of his comings and goings. I think you should have respected his privacy, if I came across my 14 year old's journal, the only way I would read it, would be because I was worried about and had evidence that she was into drugs or being molested or something. I say how dare you invade his personal and private things.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• did you know he had a diary all along?
    if so- why are you even interested in him
    maybe a journal would be a better way to describe it

I would say, that after you read these things, how can you ever think he loves you
    and if you tell him, how can he ever trust you for invading his privacy

relationship is doomed
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2012