I am a single mother im facing eviction in NC is there any charities or any help at all?

I have been told by landlord I have till January 1st to b out. If I can not come up with rent. Like most others I depend on my taxes to move so if I can stay a few more months I'll be OK.

iejoseph361

Asked by iejoseph361 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Money & Work

• Were you given an official eviction notice and, if so, have you been before a judge? Typically landlords cannot simply removed you with 30 days notice.

Here are the requirements for your state

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Contact Dept of Family Services. If they do not have funds or for another reason cannot help you, than they can refer you out to other sources. Sometimes churches and private individuals are contacted by DFS and may be able to help.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Are you signed up for section 8? I would suggest you go to DHHS and see what help they can provide. I can give you a list of shelters in Raleigh, but I don't know many charities that hand out money.
    My church has let people "live" temporarily in their gym (there are shower facilities) in Raleigh. PM me if you are in the area and would like the name of the church.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Call 211.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2012