The worst thing you've been told on this site?

i was once told that because i'm a single mom my son should not play soccer or be in boy scouts - it cost too much money.
so because i am single my son should not have male figures in his life like coaches and boy scout leaders.
i was blow away by that fellow moms comment

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in General Parenting

• okay, well first of all you know that is bullshit
    and secondly I dont remember negative shit people say on here so, I really cant say

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• When I asked a question about being induced (what to expect), I got the most bitchy comments! Things like "you can expect your baby to have serious problems"...and on and on. I had almost 70 responses like that. I had explained in the question that I was at 12 days past due and that didn't seem to matter. It was pretty bad. It seems like there are always those who leave little jabs on random questions.

Answer by khedy at 11:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't remember exactly what I was called, but there was a mom who had created a convenient personal definition of "lie" whereby she could claim she "NEVER lied to her child" while lying to her kid about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. When I tried to point out to her that by most definitions of "lying," she WAS lying to her child about Santa, I was accused of being a Christmas-crushing grinch.

Answer by SWasson at 7:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• lets see, I have had so much support but as usual, there have been some negatives.. my son wouldn't take my Milk, i tried for 2 months, didn't matter what I ate, bland diet, no dairy, etc, he cried and screamed the whole time, colic, allergies, eczema - unlatched ( did not have a latching problem, actually made me bleed for how good he sucked ) anyway, I was told I was a failure as a mother because I "gave up" on feeding my own child the most important thing I can give my child.

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• and of course the typical autism ignorance

i have heard tons of this on here and in real life

Answer by fiatpax at 11:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• i do not get too much flack from members, mostly just from admin pic poofers

maybe that i when i post a question
    i use such poor grammar and spelling / typo errors
    that she always skips over my questions
    because she can not understand what i am trying to say

funny, because she posted that IN one of my questions

Answer by fiatpax at 11:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I had one Mom tell me that I need to accept the fact that my children lie and that if they could trust me that they would tell the truth.

WTF I wasn't even asking about the lying I was looking for creative ways of punishing that didn't include spanking.

• And you should be upset!
    You are a single mom playing two roles!
    If you feel your child should be in scouts and soccer - dang it - do it! Don't keep your son from doing EVERYTHING he sets his mind to doing!
    You are AWESOME! Always remember that!

Answer by madmueller at 11:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'm sure I've been called a lot, but I really don't give a shit what some anonnotroll's opinion is.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Worst I've been called is a troll. But then, in that particular post I was trolling (and owned up to it afterwards).

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2012