Favorites?

okay i dont mean too pick favorites.. i have a son and a step son..

so yeah i post more pics of my son on fb and talk more about my son on fb..

and i guess i never noticed it until today.. when one of my friends brought it up..

how do you stop favoritism? i dont even know where to start or better to end!?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Knowing its unfair and wanting to change is a good start.

I would suggest some one on one time with your stepson to create a bond.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• well i've tried for the last 3 years to build a bond and it hasn't happened last year when we it was just him and i at home during the day, because my son was at school all day.. so he would playing with his toys and i tried getting down on the floor and playing with him. and he'd walk away from me .. so then he would stay in the play room and i would go in their and play with him.. and he would just get up and leave the room.. or he'd be watching tv and id come and watch it and say hey that s cool huh? and he'd give me the stink eye.. i tried going somewhere where his attention would be focused on me.. like paint me adream and he would just not have it.. :/ i dont know what else to try!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I have NO idea how to stop it. I have a recently adopted child and I feel like sometimes I do favor my biological child over her. I REALLY REALLY try not to play favorites and it certainly doesn't happen sometimes. They do get punished equally and honestly my birth child gets punished more frequently than her now sister does.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I give you props either way, I don't know I'd ever form a REAL Bond with a step child.. it's never going to be like your Bio child.. everyone knows that but i truly admit that I know I'd suck at trying not to show favorites, that being said, my son is no piece of cake so I know it'd go hand in hand if I ever was remarried.. so hard, good luck amam.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Does he live with you full time or is this weekend visits?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• full time. my husband was a single dad for 3 years then i came in.. 3 years ago..

his mom walked away when he was 3 months old
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2012