Two year old will not sleep in his bed. We live in an apartment.

My two year old son will not sleep in his bed. He will say mommys bed and scream bloody murder for an hour. What do we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in General Parenting

• Don't feel bad. My kid is 5 and he still prefers to sleep in my bed. My hubby works offshore and is basically never at home. It can be frustrating sometimes but I really don't mind it. I tried all the tactics to get him to sleep in his room but he just wakes up in the the middle of the night and gets back in my bed. I bring him back to his room then in 20 minutes he's back in my bed again. If the thought of co sleeping horrifies you be very firm and consistant. The screaming will break your heart and go against your instinct to make him feel better. You've gotta be stone cold. I know eventually my kid will want to be in his room but for now our arrangement works but it's not for everyone. If you are determined to keep him out stick to the same routine every time and do not give in. Get neighbors an I'm sorry my kid is screaming through the night but it will be over soon gift.
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2012