My 5 year old son

OMG he's 5!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it.. I thought the colic, the allergies, the eczema, the fits and all day crying, the constant Dr appts, strep, sinus infections, tantrums like no other, the PT and OT for minor things were hard, he's 5 now, he will be in Kindergarten next year, he can read, he can count to 40, he knows so much, he's in karate.. I could cry, I had a mini meltdown thinking how my angel, my mommies boy, my little boy who wants to marry his mommy and live next door to me so I never can miss him when he's older... he's our one and only, it's harder than I thought to deal with.. am I crazy??

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in General Parenting

• Happy Birthday to your son!!!!

I feel the same way looking at my 4 yo. She starts Kindergarten January 7th and will finish in early July. She can count to 100 and is doing figure skating on roller skates and roller blades, and is reading at a 2nd grade level. It shocks the hell out of me to think how I survived as much as I did with her. She was a constant reflux baby that projectile vomited 2 or more times a day and would lose her ENTIRE meal. I look at her and think....thank God she is finally starting to grow and gain weight. I am so worried about sending her into the world.

coala

Answer by coala at 11:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No be proud of that little fella
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Awww, just think when he's 16, and leaves the house for the first time, alone... I cried like a baby, and he came to me and hugged me.. I hadn't had a hug in ages, and he knew right then I needed one... That was 4 months ago, and it still scares me when he leaves...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Aren't we all crazy this way ? When I look at my boys I always wonder where time went by !? My oldest is almost 14 and it's crazy to think that not so long ago he was my sweet angel who liked brushing my hair and didn't want to leave me alone. Now he is a sulky teenager who hates school (and us because we make him go to school). lol
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• And in leaving I mean, driving his own vehicle...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• hahaha that is too sweet!! and i am the same way with my 6 year old!
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• If you're crazy, then so amI. My daughter will start kindergarten next September, and I find myself shocked and a little sad as well as happy about how fast she's growing up. I wonder a lot if I'm doing everything I can to help her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I understand your pain. My oldest turned 9 on the 4th... and I feel like yesterday I was holding my fat little newborn baby boy. Happy birthday to your son!
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2012