Hold your kids close tonight, ladies...they found the bodies of the 2 missing cousins from Iowa.

http://news.yahoo.com/hunters-bodies-believed-2-iowa-cousins-234557148.html

I'm heartbroken. I have family and friends in Evansdale and surrounding areas. From what I've heard from them, next to nothing was done to find these girls...

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 12:14 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in General Parenting

• Really anon? Because the 'door to door searches' they did didn't include people in the immediate surrounding area of their disappearance.
    FreeForAll

Comment by FreeForAll (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• More was done than you know. I don't live far from there. Terribly sad, yes. Could more have been done? Yes. But they were also positive the girls were taken and kept alive (though they did search the surrounding area).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• It's a fearsome thing to become a mother and think about the world you are preparing to launch your children into. Just tragic.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Sickening
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:50 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Wow... I guess too many of us have a story to tell... I was in my SIL's wedding with a girl named Debbie Mello. A year after the wedding she was no where to be found, last seen getting out of her DH's car on a stretch of rt 18 in Weymouth MA. Never to be seen again. We are sure her DH killed her and got rid of the body... she went missing on June 20th... we spend the 4th of July with her DH & their kids. He didn't act like someone who's wife was missing... it was creepy!! Her story was eclipsed by the Molly Bish story... so not much was done to find her either. I feel for you both... and thier families!! ;o(

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• SO many missing children, teens and women, heck even young men are missing, Sucha sick and twisted workd we live in. My heart aches for these 2 little girls. I do NOT want to know how they persished, I literally loose my breath when I read stories or hear stories about the little ones.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Very heartbreaking.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Truthfully, I never heard of any of it until now. It's heartbreaking. From my experience with my missing acquaintance, Jacque Waller, it's not easy trying to get the story out in the media. We still haven't found her body, but her husband is being charged anyway. You might have seen how I posted about it last year, over and over again, trying to get something out there.... someone to see something on the Interstate that night??? Notta...

I am deeply saddened by this too. Thanks FFA.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2012