My 4 yr old got in the bathtub before I got there again to make sure it was the right temp. The water was so hot that her legs were very red and she did not sit down; I added cold water and rinsed her, got her out and her legs remained red for 20 min. afterward- in which she did not complain of any pain.Should I be concerned?

elenaluciamom

Asked by elenaluciamom at 1:26 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your 4 year old would have screamed and jumped out if the hot water was hurting her.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• The fact she was in hot water for 10 minutes, the water wasn't very hot to begin with. If is was as hot as to scald, she would screamed as soon as her feet went into the tub. I used to take hot baths to the point my skin was red and pink, no biggie. Just put some lotion on it so the skin stays soft, especially if you live in the northern climate.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• thanks! I feel she is fine, but always prefer to double-check!
    elenaluciamom

Comment by elenaluciamom (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Check in the morning to see if there are any red patches or blisters, and treat those with an antibiotic ointment, but she's probably fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• she did not complain of any pain...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• If the water was TO hot she would have screamed.

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Check your water heater to be sure the thermostat is set to a safe temp. Than you shouldn't have to worry. There is a recommend temp. Bu
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:09 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• How is she feeling now?
    Check your hot water heater maybe the temp is too high for hot water - sounds more like scalding to me. There is a way to lower the HOT in hot water
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2012