How much should I pay?

I'm moving and I'm going to have to hire someone to move my stuff. I'm going to post an add on craigslist. I'm moving 15 minutes away so its not a long drive and I only need 3 big things moved,(couch,tv stand and bed.) I can move all the boxes myself. So how much should I pay?

AutumnsMom1212

Asked by AutumnsMom1212 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I'd say offer $20 OBO, see if anyone answers. Since it's only three things and it's not that far, I wouldn't go over $60. Best of luck. BTW if your in central Ohio, I know someone who will move it for free for you.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 8:04 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I'd say 50 bucks
    usually places charge by the hour
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:38 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Are there stairs at the current location or the future location? I would consider that. I would probably go with $50 and you rent the truck. If they are using their vehicle, then I would pay more.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I would use U-haul - find some cute guys to help you load and unload the truck.
    They do not charge that much to rent the truck
    Or there is a moving co. called two men and a truck pretty reasonable
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 9:39 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Idk, but please oh please becareful using Craig's List. Call a local church or the chamber of commerce and ask if they can recommend some high school boys to help.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Do you not have any friends with a truck that might help? that you could buy them dinner if they would help you out? Im a little sceptic about craigs list
    sgarfield

Answer by sgarfield at 9:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I probably would pay more to have somebody insured to move it, I am guessing it would be around $100, but if someone breaks something, like a fridge you want to be able to replace it.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:44 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Thanks gals. Great answers. I do have friends who could help but sadly no one has a truck. :-/
    AutumnsMom1212

Comment by AutumnsMom1212 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• It might be cheaper to rent a trailer to move your items and have your friends and family help
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• You can rent a trailer for $19 and attach it to your car
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2012