are you waiting on the MMR?

If so why? Mt daughter is about to turn 1 on the 22nd and so im wanting to have more of an idea about all of these shots that she's about to get....

any advice?

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well there's wayyy too much information to type out in the answer's section, or at all. It's also not a simple topic. You have to do lots of researching, and you really have to do it yourself. There's no easy answer.

Were waiting on all of Anabelle's vaccines and possibly wont vaccinate at all. You should join the group Educate before you vaccinate. There's tons of links to sites, and referrals to books that are extremely helpful. There's just a lot of information. Also the book "The Vaccine Book" By Dr. Sears is extremely helpful. It's not biased, just factual information about each vaccine.

Good luck with your decision :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I am waiting because I am unable to get the vaccines separated into 3 individual shots. So I will be waiting til 15, 18, or 24mths. Not quite sure which age yet.
    Anonymous

• I didn't wait. I could find no reason to wait. The boys weren't sick, they had no fever...so they were given their shots on time.

But that was our choice.

Advice...if you want to wait, do so. Don't let anyone "scare" you into doing or not doing it. You're going to receive a bunch of responses to this question with "scare tactics" on both sides, really.

I can only say that after doing my research and reading the actual studies (not articles on studies) and reading on unbiased websites...I personally saw no reason for ME to hold off on the shots.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Yes, I have decided to wait a bit on the MMR, until at least 24 mos. I also did not get the varicella vax for my kids, and if there is a way to get them into school without it (without saying we did not vax AT ALL for religious reasons) then my kids won't get that one at all.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I am not going to wait. I have done a lot of research on vaccines, and see no reason in waiting. I think a lot of people wait because of the myths they hear about vaccines..
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 10:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Nope, I never waited. Both my kids had their shots at the recomended ages. I have friends who waited till pre-school age. As long as the child isn't in daycare, I really don't see and issue with waiting, unless you have a close friend or a family member with a suppressed immune system due to illness or cancer treatment. Other than that it's kind of a personal matter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Feb. 12, 2009