Can I use a bi fold door as a main door entrance to bathroom?

SabraLuneau

Asked by SabraLuneau at 9:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Like the slatted kind? Or did you have something else in mind? Do you have a picture of what you would use?

FTR, I don't believe I have ever seen that. I have seen pocket doors use for a bathroom, but not a bi-fold. I have only seen bi-folds for closets and pantries.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:22 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I've had that in one place I rented many years ago. So yes, you can.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Wow, where have I been? I just looked and there are some really pretty bi-folds that you could use, depending on your style. Here's a pretty basic one:

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:27 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:28 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• The ones that I am seeing online have a lot of glass panes that you could do pretty much anything with depending on your style. If it's a bathroom or powder room that your guests will be using I would make sure that it gives them enough privacy to be comfortable.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I personally wouldnt do it because they cant lock and the lock they do have is cheap
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't think I would do it, I'd worry about locks, privacy, and odors and steam drifting out, however maybe some of these newer doors can handle those concerns. I think the glass ones that QuinnMae posted are awfully pretty.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• We have one going into our bathroom. The entrance way is in a fairly narrow area and across from it is another room with a door that HAS to be locked. (It's my Christmas room) By having the bi doors it allows us a lot more room in the hallway. You can lock them with a simple latch on the inside at the fold area.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Yes you can. The doors are safe and can be locked to ensure your privacy or anyone that enters the bathroom. With bi fold doors, your bathroom is safe as if it is built with the traditional doors. Visit the site and find many different designs and styles of fold doors that you can select from for your bathroom door. The company builds quality doors to suit your requirements. They have a range of bi folding system that are durable, proven and stylish finished with black, chrome or brass. They specialize in doors of different sizes and designs. They also do gates, timber, windows, staircases, mouldings and timber signage.

AllynBombardier

Answer by AllynBombardier at 9:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Hmmmmmm, I would not.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2012