Can ya'll help me come up with a great idea for Christmas...

I got DD a trampoline that will be her Santa gift. I plan on setting it up Christmas Eve after she is in bed. I'm trying to figure out the logistics.

Should I wrap a huge box with a note from Santa telling her to look outside? Should I put a pic of it under the tree?

I'm thinking she needs to open her other gifts before she sees the trampoline. But, I'm worried she will come out that morning and be upset not seeing a Santa gift by the tree. I know I would have at the age of 5. Lol.

Have ya'll ever done a big gift at Christmas like this? How did you do it? I'm looking for any and all ideas here.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Holidays

• I like your idea of a big box. But rather than have it be something to open, I'd leave the bottom open and have a pretty note underneath saying to look outside.

When I say big box, I mean refrigerator-sized. I've never done a gift on this level but it sounds pretty awesome :)
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• When we got our kids their trampoline my dh and dad set it up in the backyard. I wrapped the empty box in the floor of the living room. They opened it together, figured out it was empty and then looked outside, but my oldest was 11 yo

Answer by missanc at 11:11 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I would do something fun. Let her open her gifts, than lastly hand her an envelope with a note inside like: Jump up and down three times and go look in the pantry, there have some pop-corn or bouncy balls - something that pops or hops, jumps. Come up with two or three things though out the house that'll lead her outside to see the trampoline.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I say just put a picture of it with a note from Santa then put a HUGE bow on the trampoline outside... but maybe 'hide' the picture a little so she opens her other presents first then when she asks about the santa present you can show her the picture and the note? :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:12 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I think you should have some play clothes, a jacket and a Santa hat under the tree (wrapped or unwrapped) with a note to put on the clothes and look in another spot for more instructions. Then hide a note somewhere else (stocking maybe?) telling her once she is dressed to go outside.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I like the idea of leaving the bottom open, Ginger. I have to pull this holiday off perfect for her. With everything going on, this will be our last Christmas as a family. I want her to remember it always, ya know.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Omg these are great ideas!!! I knew you ladies could help me be creative!
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Have her open all the other gifts and make the last thing that you pull from under the tree from Santa. Make it kind of like a treasure hunt from Santa... leave little clues around the house with the last stop outside.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• i actually say a small box, with a note in it.. from santa.. saying

Merry christmas.. look outside? lol. i dont know!
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• use the box!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:35 AM on Dec. 6, 2012