Using chrome and CM issues...

Why is it that I cannot copy a link or post an article or whatever in groups when I use Chrome?
SO EFFING annoying
it just won't do anything... is it just me being stupid or is this a real issue for others too?

also cannot re-size pics I post in answers when I use it either!

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 11:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in About CafeMom

• I use Firefox. There are many sites that don't operate properly in FF, so I have to use IE for those particular sites. Not sure if that is your issue or not. Otherwise, whenever Windows does an automatic update to my computer it messes everything up... I cannot post pictures or links. I'm not sure why that happens, but I reset my computer back to the old settings... since that, I have reset the Windows automatic updates to happen when I choose.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• It still works, it just doesn't auto link. You have to highlight it and use the add link button like you do to put a link into regular text.

To resize pics, after you paste in the picture, click the "plain text" link to take you back to the normal box. You'll see the html code for the image. At the very end before the very last / and >, add this code:
    width="600". Make sure you leave a space before the /. Then go back to full edit or just hit submit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I use Chrome and don't have the c&p problem but no matter which browser I use I can't resize pics. If it's a huge picture, I save it and then upload it from my computer. For some reason, that makes the picture smaller.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:58 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Google Chrome SUCKS lately. I have it set as my main browser at work but now whenever I need to use a page that requires java script or anything that scrolls it doesn't work. Download Firefox.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I use Firefox and very rarely have any issues. Once in a while to play a game (like Bejeweled or something) I'll need to use IE but not often!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• i use chrome and havent had any issues with C&P. and i just resize my pics before i post them...i didnt know other browsers let ppl resize pics in the text box.

i only have issues with chrome when it comes to using my university's website, but thats my school's issue not Chrome's.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• have you tried to clean your history? i use crome and the only issues i have is i can't play certain games on facebook. (that's cuz they are trying to make games more apple friendly and that effects us) as for hte c&p have you tried to resize it in word? that's what i do for everything. (but i save the pictures for my personal thumbprint file so i can use it for other stuff)
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• clearing the history? I've only really been using it all the time for the last couple of weeks. Would that matter for trying to copy and paste something?
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Yeah, I have that problem with Apple products, iPad, macBook Air in cannot copy and paste nor can I post links. WTF?
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2012