Help with Scavenger Hunt Clues please?

Hubby and I have decided to stop at Great Wolf Lodge in march on our way down to a very large Taekwondo tournament. We want to make clues for the kids that turn into a scavenger hunt around the apartment that they have to gather, then piece together to figure out where they're going.

Final Clue: Who wants to have a howling good time? or Have a howling good time. Each word will be it's own puzzle piece that the kids have to put together to figure out the phrase.

I just need help with coming up with rhyming clues/phrases for them to find the puzzle pieces. I'm drawing a blank here. Anyone good that way? (Wendy? booklover? any other word smith?)

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:34 AM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Just for Fun

• We know you are going to win, now who wants to swim?
    Every church has a bell, who wants to go to a hotel?
    Mommy drives a dodge, guess what? We are going to the GREAT WOLF LODGE!
    I am sure there a more, but that is all I can think of lol.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 11:41 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Yeah, kinda.

Clue 1 will be on the tree and send them to, say the pantry and Clue 2 with puzzle piece 1. I'm looking for a short riddle to send them there. And then so on and so forth until they have all the puzzle pieces.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Okay I get it now, so how about something like this,
    Okay you have found a great clue, next one is in a shoe, You are getting closer, next one is in the diswasher, found another lets see? Could there be another in the tree? Then I would do something like hide one back when they are not looking and so on.. I can't for the life of me come up with a something that ryhmes with pantry!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Okay- I am not *quite* clear. Are you needing clues to get them to where the pieces of the puzzle are hidden? We did one once like that but instead of written clues we used picture clues so for the tree we would have taken a really close up picture of the bark or leaf on that tree. For the pantry we might have taken a picture of a cereal box ingredients label. Something like a certain self we would have taken an up close picture of a part of a nick nack up there. For instance we took a picture of the design inside a candy dish on a bedroom shelf. They had seen it before but it took a minute to figure out what it was. so, basically taking pictures of things they could pretty much tell what it was but yet you had to think about it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Are you needing clues to get them to where the pieces of the puzzle are hidden? YES.

Clue #1 sends them to location 1 with the puzzle piece "good" and another clue. Clue 2 sends them to Location 2 and puzzle piece "have". And so on and so forth until they get ALL the pieces to the puzzle "Have A Howling Good Time". They then need to put it together in the right order to figure out where we're going (in March).

You know what? I'm just going to repost and try and clarify this.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2012