Well, that was interesting

I just had two women ring the doorbell and invite me to church- I told them thanks, but I spent 20 yrs in church and don't go anymore. Well, you know they HAD to know why and what I believe about this that and the other (things like how the world started and why there are some people who are evil and shoot others and such)
we talked for about 10 min or so and they kept saying how they could see God in me and whatnot because I was " so nice and accepting of where people are and what they believe"

they left me with Awake! the Doomsday edition- heh
asked if I'd read it and I said probably-

they didn't seem to really understand though HOW I can just NOT believe in God...

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 12:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your nice. I usually just shut the door on them while saying not interested.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I have two ladies that come often & leave a new edition of Awake. They are Jehovah's Witness'. They are lovely ladies & although they know that I am Catholic (don't go to Church as much as I used to) & have no intentions of going to another Church I enjoy the conversations we have & I look forward to them visiting. We talk about our life experiences & how almost every religion is connected. It's odd because they show up at my door when I really NEED that talk, when something in my life is askew. I believe that the Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• They'll be back.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• One way I usually have success of explaining my non-beliefs are by asking them if they believe in Allah. When they say no, I'll just smile.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I used to get those people knocking on my door, and I would just boy, do you have the wrong house.  I haven't had one in a long time, since I put this up.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I'm the same as ILoveMyPaulie - we get JW ladies once a week, and though they know we have our beliefs and aren't looking to be converted we do enjoy the conversations we have with them and the friendship we've forged. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• yeah i dont open the door for anyone anymore. i just dont have the patience or the ability to say "no thanks" 100 times. good for you tho!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I sort of like the JW ladies that stopped by to visit. I'm not affiliated with an organized religion but they were very kind
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• They came to my office and I entertained them for a few minutes as to not be rude... they stop by ALL THE TIME now. You shouldn't have said you would read it lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I usually just take the magazine and then drop it in the recycling bin on my way back to whatever I was doing when I got interupted.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2012