Go Washington state!

Legalizing marijuana for recreational use among adults, AND gay marriage! This is amazing. So funny, I was talking to the girl at the gas station this morning about this and I was about to say, "Washington is so much more progressive than Idaho" but she interupted me and said "sleazy". Lol

Do people not recognize that this isn't about drugs or marriage? It's about freedom to CHOOSE what you do with your body and your life, rather than the government making decisions for you? The drug war has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars, arresting and throwing non violent people in jail is not productive. And why does the government think it can tell us what PLANTS we can and cannot consume?

Anyway, congrats Washington. You've made a great stride for freedom.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• When the hell was the first time?!
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 2:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Um yeah this is old news. Granted today it actually takes affect. I'll be watching my next door neighbors to see if they're lighting up and if it helps remove the stick.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Its not all roses. Mmj patients pulled over will get DUIs for having 5 nanograms in their system. That is nothing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't understand how it's going to work though when a lot of business are still UAing for it. in Wa......You can smoke it but get fired for it showing up in your UA?? Not cool!
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Quote: It's about freedom to CHOOSE what you do with your body and your life, rather than the government making decisions for you?

Good news for Washington residents!!

I'm a Seattle born adoptee who petitioned the court in King co to access my original Birthcertificate.
    I do not feel I should be required to pay the State any higher amount for my birth and adoption information than is charged to non-adoptees born in Washington. Why should I, simply because of the circumstances of my birth, be held out for "special treatment"? Non-adoptees simply go to Vital Statistics, pay the $15 or $20 fee, and have a copy of their bc handed to them. I don't believe it should be any different for me or ANY adult adoptee
    Washington State needs to address this civil rights issue too.
    Open Records Now
    No conditions- no qualifications
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 5:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• What the hell does that have to do with Jackie's OP? ^^

Why don't you open your own thread?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• The WA law (and CO) has a lot of issues with it, and Im curious to see what will happen. As in Oregon, it's still a federal offense to possess marijuana... As a treatment provider, my biggest worry isnt availability to the casual smoker, etc. That's always going to be there, and I have bigger issues to get my tit in a wringer over (to coin a phrase), but I do worry about the threat of federal dollars drying up to treatment providers in those states who allow recreational marijuana use. We havent seen that yet, because this is all new, but the threat is hanging out there. Id hate to see that, because people with addictions to meth for example need those dollars for their treatment....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• So what's the plan? Catch a buzz & go to a gay wedding? Sounds like a full weekend! And when the munchies kick in, there's cake! lol :p (Seriously tho- I wish the rest of the U.S. would catch up)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Actually OP, I'm glad WA. voted in legalization of Marijuana before Oregon. We'll sit back and watch what steps Washington does take.
    Whatever mistakes they make, we'll learn from.
    As someone said earlier, it's still illegal on the Federal level and Federal trumps State.
    July 4th will be nuts here in Oregon with Oregonians driving to WA to purchase illegal fireworks and Marijuana, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I'll be honest, I don't think the Feds are going to do much of anything about this. If you think about it, it's the perfect solution. It gives the voters what they really want AND it gets the Feds what they want, as well. A way out of never ending drug wars that allows them to save face.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2012