Go Washington state!

Legalizing marijuana for recreational use among adults, AND gay marriage! This is amazing. So funny, I was talking to the girl at the gas station this morning about this and I was about to say, "Washington is so much more progressive than Idaho" but she interupted me and said "sleazy". Lol

Do people not recognize that this isn't about drugs or marriage? It's about freedom to CHOOSE what you do with your body and your life, rather than the government making decisions for you? The drug war has cost thousands of lives and billions of dollars, arresting and throwing non violent people in jail is not productive. And why does the government think it can tell us what PLANTS we can and cannot consume?

Anyway, congrats Washington. You've made a great stride for freedom.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Oregon didnt legalize it because the measure, as it was written, was incredibly stupid, and very poorly written. Similar to our legalized medical marijuana law, which is insanely stupid as it is written. Our law allows medical marijuana users to posses enough marijuana to have the equivelant of 1300 rolled joints on them at one time, AND allows growers to grow next to schools, parks, etc. It was a law written with no forethought in mind, and it has become a safety net for sellers, not medical marijuana users....

And I dont exactly agree with your statement "why does the government think it can tell us what PLANTS we can and cannot consume? " Im all for the govt butting out of some of our business, but basing it on "plants" doesnt make much sense... Heroin comes from a poppy plant, and cocaine from the coca plant, and personally Im pretty grateful those are still illegal.... IMO

Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• HEY GIRL HEY.

Marijuana should be legal, period. I haven't seen a single valid reason it shouldn't.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Um yeah this is old news. Granted today it actually takes affect. I'll be watching my next door neighbors to see if they're lighting up and if it helps remove the stick.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• meooma, DUH!!! Thats what I was saying... the law is totally screwed up. I live in Oregon, and Im quite aware it is legal, but its a stupid law the way it is written. Im saying the recreation law didnt pass because that measure was also very poorly written, and thank God voters caught that....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• What the hell does that have to do with Jackie's OP? ^^

Why don't you open your own thread?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I am happy about this as well!! YAY for Washingtonions!! :) I live in Lynnwood...
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I use to live in lake Stevens. I miss Washington!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I have mixed feelings about it.

I wonder when California is going to follow suit with recreational use.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Ruby, I used to live in Lynnwood.

LostSoul, I'm now about 10-20 minutes up 9 from Lake Stevens.

Saw a news clip that almost 300 people had gotten their marriage licenses since gay marriage was legalized at midnight....that was 3 hours ago.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I am all for gay marriage but the only thing that sucks is the insurance is gonna be all messed up now. I am not married to my man so we are considered "domestic partnership" on his insurance and now that gay marriage is legalized, they are taking that option away unless you are 60 or over. I don't want to sound selfish because I know we can just go out and get married, but I need insurance right now so I can get my depression meds. I do want to get married but want to feel happy with myself first....Other than that I am HAPPY everyone can marry who they love!
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2012