Does anyone else have nightmare neighbors?

I live in an apartment complex so we are in close quarters but my neighbors are rude and I cant avoid walking by when the stand at the entrance. They are always standing there smoking; drinking and cursing. I just get tired of walking by with my daughter they are embarrassing to me. I'm not saying I'm any better but Iam not doing those things. I feel like they need to go inside to party.

healedbystripes

Asked by healedbystripes at 12:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Entertainment

• I can't stand my neighbors, but that's mainly due to their kids they allow to run wild. They have no consideration for anyone. They don't party like that at least.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't have nightmare neighbors now, but I did in the last place I lived. I was very glad to move away from them. There's probably nothing you can do except walk by quickly with your daughter and tell her their language is inappropriate for kids if she asks or starts copying them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• i havent had a problem with any neighbors except for the one time i lived in an apartment and the only issue was noise. We'd be watching tv in our living room and because we had a vent on that wall i think they could hear are tv really well.. i never listened to it loud but they would bang on the floor repeatedly to get us to turn it down.. (firstly if your upset about something come talk to me, introduce yourself to me instead of being obnoxious!) mind you my kids rooms were close to the livingroom so id keep it low so they wouldnt wake up.. any lower itd be on mute! Not to mention they were the ones upstairs so every time they had sex we'd hear, and they had a dog (not allowed in the complex) that would bark at night and we could hear them playing fetch as the dog ran back and forth! and at 7 every morning i could hear her walking around in her high heels before work! and it was so loud she woke my kids EVERY morning!
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I live next door to the Griswold's from the movie Christmas Vacation... no, seriously that's the only explanation for the hideous, blinding lights shining in my window each night since Thanksgiving!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Oh yes! Many of them. It's hard NOT to have perfect neighbors when you live in an apartment complex. I've had so many loud up stairs neighbors that yelled at their kids all day and then drug dealers down the hall. I know they were drug dealers and meth cookers because they told me. I have found needles in the parking lot as well. Which is weird because we live in a safe neighborhood. Just goes to show, they are everywhere...The only thing you can do is complain to your manager. And drinking shouldn't be allowed outside anyway. Plus if they are being loud past a certain time, they are going against their lease. And as for an up-date with my neighbors from hell, they are long gone and luckily haven't had any real bad ones since. It just takes time to weed out the bad ones and our manager is doing more thorough background checks :)
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• "anime - will you post a pic of your neighbors lights?"

I'll see what I can do to get a pic of them. : )
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• If I were you then I would speak or write a letter to whoever owns the building complex. Don't they have a no loitering clause? By thier complex looking trashy they are  reducing rent values. Anything that hits in the pocket will hurt. Maybe they are not aware or this issue. The complex Manager may be a slacker. If it's County housing for low income families then I would go to Town hall & make a complaint. Your safety & security is compromised and there is an environment possibly attracting drug activity. You need to make a complaint & go right to the top. I would also call the Police if/when you see illegal activity. Maybe Even go to your local Police Station & talk to someone there. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• The problem is one of these people is one of our maintenance men who just moved in here. I tried to talk to our office manager but he lies and then tries to make it more miserable. And anything You tell management gets repeated.
    healedbystripes

Comment by healedbystripes (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• nope sometimes crying chid 

GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:05 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• no thank goodness
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2012