Body Piercings and Pregnancy questions

I was wondering if any woman in her have any body piercings and are trying to get pregnant? I am TTC and i have my nipples pierced. would my piercings effect my pregnancy and breast feeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your nipples might get sore during your pregnancy. You might want to take them out when you breastfeed so they aren't in the way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Pregnancy no, and breastfeeding no. You obviously wouldn't nurse with the jewelery in though lol. You would need to remove the ring, and clean, then nurse etc, then put it back in.

There is no need to remove them for pregnancy either, unless you get uncomfortable or pregnancy changes causes them to irritate you etc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:18 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The piercings will NOT affect your ability to get pregnant. Your nipple rings will make latching a big more difficult, but many women with nipple rings have successfully breastfed. I recommend using a bar and not a ring while breastfeeding ;)

BTW... I have 16 piercings and 2 kids and breastfeed :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Or take the rings out... forgot to say that about bfing with nipple rings. Er duh! There is always the chance that the balls can fall out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• thats your opinion about piercings.. however some woman actually enjoy it, like me.
    thanks ladies for your answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i dont think there is anything wrong with having body piercings either. i have 10 and im very comfortable with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ah ignore people who find it trashy lol. apparently mother's need to wear pleated skirts and cardigans to be good moms :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• buhahahahahah! true!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Anon 11:20 #1 it's someone's choice whether or not to get or keep a piercing. Just because you're prude in this doesn't make it wrong for other people... EVERYONE HAD A LIFE BEFORE HAVING KIDS! Just because they have kids doesn't mean they have to take out piercings, get tattoo removal, get rid of sexy clothes and lingerie and start wearing a habit!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• lmao @ celticreverie.

Moms come in all different shapes and sizes... and even styles. Did you know that some moms are hippies and don't shave? Some are even goth! *gasp!* It's not the exterior of a woman that makes them a good mom.
    Anonymous