What would you do?

Let me start off by saying I have a job, I've just been looking for some PT side work to fill my time.

I had an interview at a fast food place this morning, 830 AM. I get there on time, the manager says ''Let me run out to my car and get some paperwork for you to look at''. Uh, okay. She gets back ten minutes later, hands me the paperwork and says she has to run an errand and she'll be right back.

I looked through the paperwork, which was 3 minutes worth of reading material, consisting of 'wear this, don't physically assault our customers or grope your coworkers, welcome to the company.' Another employee had already filled out his personal information on this paperwork...

I left the restaurant at 9:45 when she didn't show up and didn't show up. Should I feel bad? Should I contact corporate and let them know she wasted my time? The restaurant was filthy, mold on the walls, sticky table, customers had to wait 7-10 minutes for people to come to the counter, and the phone rang off the hook totally unattended.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Money & Work

• NO! Don't feel bad...she should have been more professional! Do you really want work at place like that any way???
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• i'd complain. I'd consider working there depending on what the manager had to say.
    kujus04

Answer by kujus04 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Definitely call to complain. Sounds like she's got some real problems. Was she shooting up when she was out in her car? Seriously, she shouldn't have ever handed you somebody else's paperwork!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Doesn't sound like a place I'd want to work or eat at, either. I'd just let it go; find another place to apply for a job. If you complain and then get hired, you're already off on the wrong foot with the manager.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Ugh, I would have just left.. you don't want to work for a company like that anyway.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• why feel bad? I would call the head office and complain. That is very unprofessional
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I would definitely call corporate! It might even lead you to a job if they know that you are taking notice of these things and how inappropriate they are! Handing you things with someone else's personal information on them is not okay, and the corporate office only finds out about these things if someone speaks up...so speak up!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• If its that much problem to get a job there, than I would not want to work there and just continue my search.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Yes. Call headquarters.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2012

• OMG...YES call corporate!! That's so unprofessional!!!
    If you are still looking for a way to make some extra $$, message me!! I would love to share my business opportunity with you! You can make more money in a couple of hours than a PT Job!!!
    I hope to hear from you!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2012