Adult DD drama.

Ok, I think I have already told you ladies. When my DD went back to her DH. she stopped talking to me and my DH. We do not get to see the granDD's.

Ok, yesterday my DH gets a call from the school for the oldest granDD. They said my DD never showed up to pick her up. Will you come pick her up. Of course he said yes. He automatically thought it was the same school she went to when they were staying with us. No, it is a school across town.By the time we figured out were the school was she had picked her up. She was 2 hours late.

We are kind of pissed about all this. First she didn't even tell either of us he was an emergency contact. Second she didn't even tell us they moved and the school is not the same. Who does that? We haven't really talked to her for around a year.Who put people they refuse to talk to as a emergancy contact?  This is more of a vent then a question.                                                                  

Their is no way of us contacting her.  The school couldn't even contact her. They have no updated phone # for her. They moved sense they got back together and refuse to tell us were they live.  

Sense we know what school granDD goes to now. I know what part of town they live in.  Oklahoma does not have grandparents rights.

Asked by louise2 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'm sorry... I would be pissed off too. A grandparent should have the right to know where their grandchildren are and if they are safe, if not legally, for their own peace of mind.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:07 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• have you tired to contact her since this happened? I think it shows that she still thinks of you for a place to go or a place for the DDs to if its really needed
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• have you looked into grandparents rights? You may be able to get a visitation with them worked out.
    LostSoul88

• Our schools would have called CPS after 30 min of no call no contact and it the one called had not shown within 30 min of the call. She is very lucky they didnt do that. I would send her a letter telling her that she needs to make you aware as you would do anything for the grandkids but if she is not going to provide updated information it makes it pointless to name you as contact.

Adult kids these days are a PITA sometimes but sure love those grands!
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012