what is the right way to deal with bad step kids?What do i do when i cant stand them

stepmom28

Asked by stepmom28 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Parenting

• Well, I don't think you would be fit to be a step-mother. When you got married, you became married to everyone, kids are included. If you don't like them, you shouldn't have gotten involved with their father. This is the exact same situation as all those baby mamma boyfriends beating the children to death because they can't stand them. Personally, I wouldn't want you around my children. Who hates kids anyway? You must be pretty wicked. God help you and the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Souns like your MY step mom! lmao! There's nothing you can do. Either learn to like them...even if you're just pretending,(although kids can see right through that..I did),....or you move on. The LAST thing those kids need is some woman marrying their father and then being rude to them for the rest of their lives. It's sad and heartbreaking. My dad and his wife moved accross the damn country because SHE wasn't happy here and was tired of always dealing with HIS family. Bull shi*! Suck it up and strap a smile on your face or get the eff out!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Just move on with your own life it is not going to work  if you and the step kids don't like eachother. When you get involved with a man with kids you are excepting his baggage.

So if you don't feel like nothing is going to change you better think twice or start loving your step kids some how. Don't live like this miserrably. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I'm having a difficult time, too, so may not be the best person to answer this. I think the answer depends on whether you are getting any support from DH. If not, then you are probably in a no-win situation. If so, then the two of you need to figure out how to be a united front somehow.
    Juliefoster

Answer by Juliefoster at 9:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009