My 19 month old daughter chewed her skin off on her thumb & caused a nasty infection brought her to the doctors & they sense no cause if concern but they did put her on a antibiotic cream I just don't know how to get it on her to keep the medicine & the band-aid on cuz she keeps taking it off & I'm afraid she is gonna either eat the medicine or wipe it off & her thumb won't get the help it needs

Journey519

Asked by Journey519 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put it on in her sleep with a glove over it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I would try to put the ointment on, wrap the entire thumb area with gauze and maybe wrap the gauze a few times around the palm of her hand so it does not come off easily. Good luck....
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• My 2 year old step son recently blew out the tip of his finger from climbing on a kitchen table we put the ointment on then bandeged it then took gauze and wrapped and taped it around his wrist via doctors orders
    bubbasmomma13

Answer by bubbasmomma13 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012