hi i tie a scarf on my head to keep my hair neat unfortunately i was experiencing some pain when resumed my nightly routine the next morning my head was really sore and a lump/bulge formed on my head that really hurts it's probably because i tied my scarf on too tight i was wondering whether it is serious

cindy283

Asked by cindy283 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Health

• I would advise you contact your doctor. Although probably benign, head injuries aren't anything to take lightly
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Try putting some ice on the bump to take the swelling down. And be careful to tie the scarf more loosely next time, or get one of those nightcaps specially made for keeping your hair out of the way when you sleep.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I don't really see how a scarf on your head can cause a large bump... and I've treated a lot of large bumps on the head. Please call your doctor to rule out a head injury!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• did you fall down?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Did someone hit you while you were asleep?

Answer by louise2 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2012