I need simple ingredient dinner ideas!!

We get home really late so I need ideas for simple meals. I have the basics but don't mind running to the store for a few things, I just can't think of anything besides pasta dishes. Ideas? I have ground meat, chicken, and italian sausages in the freezer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Food & Drink

• One of my favorite easy recipes with chicken is to bake it in a pan with rice, mushroom soup, milk, and any veggies I have. Sprinkle cheese on top when rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, then put the dish back in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Stick to things that can be made in larger quantities, like soup, chilli, casseroles, etc. Eat some tonight and then freeze it for later or eat it again tomorrow night.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• do you like soup? I have a mock italian wedding soup that is great-
    1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
    1 medium oninon chopped
    1 package chopped spinach thawed and drained
    8 cups chicken broth
    4 cans cannelli beans or northern beans rinsed and drained.
    salt and pepper to taste, serve with garlic bread simple and easy.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• A recipe close to the first is chicken breast or pork chops cream of mushroom or chicken soup whichever meat you use. Bake those together. Mix stuffing mix just ingredients don't cook 1/2 way through baking meat n soup add the stuffing and wala dinner easiest ever and it's great!
    Rantin1raven

Answer by Rantin1raven at 3:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Love these ideas! Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Breakfast for dinner - whip up pancakes or omelets and have some fruit on the side.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Stew is a favorite here. I make a big crock pot of the stuff and then with some of what is left after that first meal I will make shephards pie.

Also in the crock pot I will cook up stew meat with garlic, onion (minced), a little broth, some oregano, pepper, salt, and a bay leaf. Then I'll portion it out and use it in a variety of dishes. I call it all purpose cooking... LOL. This works great for stew (add veggies and potato), taco (add cayenne and cumin), chili (add favorite chili seasonings), BBQ sandwiches (cook down in some BBQ sauce)... and what ever else I want. The seasoning is pretty general so the other seasonings added change the dish.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Use a crockpot. You can also do grilled cheese and tomato soup. Breakfast for dinner. (pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, fruit).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• you could make easy chicken burritos... saute your veggies and boil the chicken and shred it then mix together add garlic and sourcream and tomatoes then stuff shell fry on each side ... sounds like alot but its only like 5 ingredients super easy super cheap :) very nummm
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 11:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• If you bake the chicken you can have that for dinner. Whatever is left can be shredded for chicken tacos, or enchiladas or quesadillas add crumbled bacon and green onions serve with guacamole. Or you can make homemade chicken soup or broccoli , rice and chicken casserole.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2012