28-mo. old weaned at 24-mo. asking to nurse again all of a sudden! Help!!

There's been no changes in her routine, but she's asking to nurse at random times - usually when she's cranky. Part of me wants to comfort her and re-live her baby-ness by nursing again, but the more logical part remembers what a relief it was to finally have my boobs back after 2 wonderful years! I usually just distract her with something fun, instead. What would you do??

AngelBabies

Asked by AngelBabies at 12:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's cranky and wanting to nurse during those times I would suggest maybe offering her a high protein snack. A lot of young children get cranky when they need nourishment and she knows that nursing used to provide that for her.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• She's probably remembering the closeness and comfort. I am not sure what I would do in that situation to be honest.. could you try skin to skin contact and snuggle and see if that helps? You could offer some other form of nourishment as well.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Exactly what you are dong.

Alternately...let her try. She'll likely look at you funny and toddle off.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would just tell her mommys all out of milk and it comes in a cup now.... and keep distracting her with fun things!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:46 AM on Feb. 12, 2009