i cant take my niece and my son together..

they are driving me nuts...
my son 2
my niece 3

their bad they fight over everything and they cant sit still..

what can i do for them to sit still??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• ducttape?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i know how you feel! i have a 2yr old and i used to babysit a 3yr old. they fought ALL the time. my advice would be to give them an activity they could do together.. possibly fingerpainting? on like a huge piece of paper on the floor? and maybe give them their own fingerpaints to use. if that's too messy maybe you could help them build a fort to play in or something.. hope i helped a little
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 12:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ducttape was an idea until i figured out it was illegal.. lol..

we tried, everything from finger painting movie. coloring. nnothing will keep them in one spot.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• If you figure it out let me know. My son is 2 and my niece is 3 and they fight like cats and dogs. The funny thing is she will whine that he's bugging her (and he is) but when they are separated she'll come to find him. It's a two way street for sure. I definitely have to have 2 of everything and be able to have both of them do what ever the other is doing.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My kids are 2 and 3 so i know what you are dealing with....i have no clue what to tell you other then try to do group stuff with them... those ages are a little crazy...good luck
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 12:47 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• their driving me nuts. they are climbing on stuff. pushing each other. fighting. omg.. they will end up lost in walmart!! lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My kids are 20 months apart. I have 2 blankets on the floor when they are watching TV and they have to stay on them or I turn it off. They are far enough apart they shouldn't touch each other. They are now 3 and 5 and the fighting is still going on.
    I actually try to seperate them a lot with different activities at other ends of the room.
    When they were younger and playing together I normally stayed somewhat close to try and prevent the pushing. I also bought a very small bounce house from walmart and they could take turns. Anything to get the energy out. Now I ask the older one to teach the younger one specific things and sometimes it works. I have also started telling them that if they can't play nice they can go to their rooms until they can. Might work for a 3 yr old, I am not sure about a 2 yr old.
    It is all trial and error. Good luck.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 12, 2009