Has this happened to anyone else?

So I had an ultrasound today and it shows that 4 weeks and a few days, Yet my HCG levels shows that iam 6weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?

Tris_09

Asked by Tris_09 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my HGC level was very high even at 2.5 weeks!!! the pregnancy test was immediate, no waiting even a few seconds... from what my mother says, most of the pregnancy tests she reads at the doctor's office.. the line is very faint and they are usually further along than I was... HGC levels do vary.. supposedly they double every day that you're pregnant
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:53 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• your baby is just probably measuring small.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• HCG levels vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. Also, US estimates are only as good as the tech who performs them. They aren't always accurate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Thanks. :)
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• this early its no big deal for the US to not be100% accurate, and HGC can fluctuate alot.As long as numbrs go up and baby keeps growing, its all good.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:49 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• HCG levels cant tell you how far along you are just becauses the gaps are to big and the numbers do over lap if your 4 weeks and some odd days then odds are that is more accurat(sp) because the baby is only the size of a jelly bean the farther along you get the harder it is to tell exactly the early ones are the ones they go by .. im sure things are fine i just wouldnt really put to much thoughrt in the HCG thing because some levels can be higher then other women i know mine were
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009