Toothache

Is there anything I can do at home for a toothache since I can't get an appointment with my dentist till next week?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Health

• mix ground cloves with warm almost hot water to a paste and put it on the gum and tooth. we used it when the kids we're teething. it works just like oralgel
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• There's aspirin/ibuprofen/acetominophen to help with pain, and I've heard that chewing on a whole clove helps, too.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I concur that cloves are your best bet
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• orajel and frozen veggies pressed on the spot. take a pain reliever as well.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 5:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Are you the one with a toothache or your child? If it's your child, be careful what you give him/her. Depending on age, check with health care professional. If it's you and you're not pregnant or nursing, I recommend Excedrin. I don't have dental insurance right now so I rely on Excedrin. Also chewing on cloves, pressing frozen veggies or just applying pressure to the area works.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 5:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• what noel1978 said had worked for me until I got to the dentist.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• If you think about it, you can pick up a bottle of Oil of Clove for pretty cheap and just keep it in your pantry.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Dab clove oil directly on the sore tooth. Tastes nasty but numbs instantly. Also, gargle with warm salt water (make it taste like the sea). Clove oil is what is in things like Anbesol but works better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• You all are amazing! I've had almost instant relief. Not complete relief, but the cloves definitely took the edge off. I hope you all get great stuff in your Christmas stockings!
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2012