Thinking of having a cocktail party on New Year's Eve...

Any suggestions on how to makenit a great party? Things to do?

I'm not hiring a dj or anything like that, just a few friends over dressed up and ill likely get a bottle of champagne but I want it to be entertaining

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I've been to a few in my day. LOL. The most fun ones were where there was more than 1 thing to do. There was a pool table, a dart board, a table set up with board games and cards, and an area where the tv was on (but mostly ppl were just talking).
    I suggest having some background music (just a radio or cd player with different types of music), and then have different things for ppl to do. Oh, and for sure have some sort of munchies and coffee available to make. I also recommend having a basket at the door to collect keys. Friends don't let friends drive drunk.
    Have fun!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• it we were doing hubby would pull out his chocolate fountain and have fresh fruits, and then he would make all kinds of finger foods. like last year for a party he cut up sausages and bell peppers and stuck them on tooth picks. cheese and crackers trays, along with meat platters.
    as for games he would do texas hold em, a dice game called left right center, when i was growing up my family always pulled out pictionary and put it guys against girls.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Oh yes I'm definitely opening up my home if anyone needs to sleepover! I won't have the kids so ill def sugges that
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Having more than 1 bottle of champagne! lol :p After that, all those other suggestions are really great! Have a ball & don't forget to watch the ball too! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Board games, music, movies, great food, cocktails... But more importantly....It's the PEOPLE that will make your party fun!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I went to a Sex & the City theme party with cocktails. It was fun. We played the board game and watched the shows.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2012