How much would it cost to go to England for 6 weeks?

BerryJungen

Asked by BerryJungen at 7:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Travel

• There are so many factors that play into that question that an answer cannot be given.

First we would need answers to such questions as:

Where do you want to go in England?
    Where do you want to stay (Hotel - 5star? 3star?, B&B, Hostel, etc)
    What do you want to do while you are there? (tours, activities, etc)
    Where do you currently live? (will effect travel costs to and from)

You would be better off to contact a travel agent near you who can help you tailor a trip specific to your needs.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 7:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Agree with everything MOM says. It's quite expensive, even on the lower end of the scale so you'e need to be very specific
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• For two people here's my guesstimate. Or at least where I would start, but obviously you could do some research for some more accurate costs.

Airfare - $3,000 each = $6,000
    Hotel Stay - Figure $200 a night in a hotel for 42 nights = $8.400
    Food - If you ate out every meal figure $15 per person per meal for 126 meals = $1890

I'd throw in an additional maybe $5,000 for travel, shopping, etc.

Total - $21,290.00

I'm sure you could do it for much less.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Air fare for__ ?
    Hotel for 6 weeks?
    Food coast for 6 weeks?
    Plus money for trasportation and other stuff you want to do?
    I will guess $20,000 ro $30,000 Do not know how much that is in pounds/LBs

Answer by louise2 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Do you have a place to stay? You can get airfare for less than $1000 round trip from NY. Prices are much higher in Europe, for example a dollar hamburger here would be at least $3 there. I would say you could economize and rent a room in a boarding home and go for about $8,000 total, but that would be no shopping or luxury anything.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I was able to get round trip airfare from Chicago to Manchester for $608 so that wasn't too bad but hotels and food are silly expensive
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• You have to keep in mind the exchange rate, it's not as bad as it has been in the past, but it still hovers around one pound = $1.60
    So everything is expensive. Jersey and Prissy are right on in their posts. I have family there, so I'm up on the airfare and exchange rate, but not lodging.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• You want to go to England for 6 weeks. That is a lot of time to explore England. I suggest you also visit Wirral, a peninsula of northwest England bounded on the north by Irish sea, on the East by River Mersey and on the west by River Dee are about 15 miles long and 7 miles wide. The costs of traveling to England and exploring the place depends on the time of the travel, the places you want to explore, the type of food and accommodations you will take, including the mode of transportation within England. A friend of mine went to England for a week and spent not less than £2500. Estimate from that information. Hotels in Wirral

DanaRemaley

Answer by DanaRemaley at 9:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Anywhere in Europe with the Euro is expensive!
    Even car rental and gas
    Now more so that it is the holiday season
    If you have the $$ to go for 6 weeks then GO! You will have the time of your life!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 11:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• is it just to travel? I can help you if you need tickets/hotels/etc. michelle@magnoliatravel.com
    Anonymous