Is there an age limit on this behavior?

Is there a point where you're too old, or once you have kids, or some other marker in life that delineates between it being ok to do this and being skewered for it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends on what you are doing. I went through a divorce at 38 and was single for 5 years. Those were the most fun years of my adult life! I did go out with the "younger crowd" from work, but really never went out to "meet" guys. I went out to have a good time and I did!

I cringe when I see any woman hanging all over a guy or trying to get attention... PERIOD. So, I don't think it's an age thing, but rather a "how you act" thing.... if that makes sense.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• It kind of depends on what you're doing and how often. If you're 40 or 50 something and you're out partying every night and hanging all over "boys" half your age... well people tend to probably think, "she should know better than to behave that way". Then again... people of any age really don't need to make fools of themselves partying every night and desperately hanging all over men.

Now if you go out and let your hair down every now and then, and perhaps make a fool of yourself there's nothing wrong with that. And there's nothing wrong with an older woman dating a much younger man. It's the way you carry yourself that matters most, but again, that applies to people young and old. I really do think it comes down to the fact that with women over 35, people tend to have the idea in mind that they should know better than to act a certain foolish way. Idk why the same thinking doesn't usually apply to men though.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Only if you care what others think.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I think I agree with pinkdragon. I'm in no position to tell someone else what's appropriate or not. If she is drunk and being disorderly and becoming other people's problem, THEN I think it's alright for her to be skewered for it. Nothing in the picture indicates that. For all I know, she was just trying to be silly or funny and that's when the camera flashed.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Is that Demi? On second thought, I might be acting that way too if I had a body that looked like that... !! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Is that Demi?

Yep, it was the lead story on the entertaiment section of the news tonight - she got drunk and went nuts at some party.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I still liked her and Bruce together. I mean, Bruce?? I'd take him over Ashton any day. I can hardly stand to look at Ashton.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I have a co worker who's in her late 40's. Divorced mom of 3. 2 are adults and youngest is 10. She only hangs out with the younger crowd. Sometimes with her older son and or daughter and their friends. Mind you, these kids are 21 & 22! She's pathetic really and no one respects her and her lifestyle.
    There's a lot of young men out there that have been sexually educated by her! Personally, I don't want a child toy but to each her own.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I agree with Mavi. Ashton is just gross. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Demi. I think it is so sad. My mother taught me and my sisters, through her example, to grow old gracefully . If you see me acting like that slap me or lock me in the trunk of your car.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• i did not understand ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2012