Trying to potty train. not so much!?!

My son is 2 and he is all about having to go potty and watches brother and daddy potty and he is showing all signs of being ready to potty train, but some how I have been working with him for awhile now like a few months and he just does not seem to get it, he likes to say mama potty and run to his potty then just sit there or stand there then walks away and says done, but he nevers uses it, so now I am confused on how to help him. my older son was easy because we lived in the country and he potty trained in the summer so when he had to go he went outside, but now it is starting to get to cold to do it with my younger one. Any advise would help thanks!

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 8:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's probably not ready, but when he is ready, put him in underwear. Once you decide to start, never go back to diapers (except at night). He'll catch on in a few days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• He's not ready yet. If he was ready it wouldn't take months to accomplish.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• my dd was trained right after she turned 1 but it was tough don't get me wrong it was but maybe he's not ready
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2012