How do I get my 2 year old son to stop pooping his pants? He pees on the potty just fine . we just have a problem with the pooping

workingmom2910

Asked by workingmom2910 at 9:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Each of my children was different.

The first HATED to clean up (take his dirty pants off, put on clean ones, and clean up the poop with help. A few days of doing that and he quit pooping in his pants.

The second loved cleaning up after himself. LOL! But he hated being naked. So the rule was only one pair of pants a day. If he dirtied them, he went without pants. We had a couple of reminders for several weeks, but then he finally quit going in his pants.

For the third and fourth - a treat was all they needed. They loved getting a chocolate chip when they went in the potty.

My suggestion: Keep trying stuff until it works! Good luck!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 3:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• this takes time, 2 is very early, from what i hear, more so "typically" for boys. .my son didn't officially get it til 2 yrs 7 months,.,. then he had a stint at 4 where he went 6 months with pee AND poo accidents..all during this time he never had bedtime accidents, then 4-1/2 he started having them.. really,. it happens or doesn't.. sometimes they get it and stop for a while
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• What worked for us was upping the ante for pooping. Specifically, we went from 1 m&m for pee and 2 for poo, to a chocolate coin for poo. Solved it in less than a week. And when the coins ran out that was that. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Are these old questions that keep reappearing? I know this was just up not too long ago.

Anonymous