I want to get in shape

but i dont want to give up my food is that possible?

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• Depends on what you mean not wanting to give up your food and what kind of food it is. Portion control can do wonders, but usually works best with exercise.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• i dont do diets.. and most people i speak with.. (Drs and stuff) always tell me i have to give up like rice and all that good stuff..

i've cut down on like sweets and stuff.. which is the hard part for me..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I eat what I want for the most part- but I count calories...I stay within my BMR limit, drink water and work out. so far I have lost 37 lbs
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:37 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• wow, okay.. i have an app that counts calories! Lol.. and what is BMR?
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I agree with counting calories. I think you can eat what you want, within reason, if you stay under a certain calorie limit. This has worked for me and kept me in shape for years. Although I also workout regularly.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• my problem with working out is that i don't do it.. i have like zero motivation until now.. i think i'm going to start working out slowly!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• BMR is based off your height/ weight/ age/ gender and how active you are

there are sites you can use to figure it out or if you go to the healthy weight loss group-they will figure it out for you

as for exercise - find things you like doing. for me it's dancing mostly- so I take belly dance when I can and have dvd's for that too and I started doing zumba. When I started this-I mad e a point of doing SOME kind of exercise EVERY day for 15 min at least- then after a couple weeks I made it 20 min and kept upping it from there. When I started doing zumba-I started one day a week and after a month or two it was two days and so on. now I do 5-6 classes week. Just start small and work up
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• i signed up for the Y today, they have gym and classes but i dont do classes cause i am not cordinated enough to dance in public lmao.. so i will be going into the gym starting tomorrow! thanks!
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• you can eat what you want but you gotta work that much harder to loose it- 3500 cals =1 pound
    tonipaffel

Answer by tonipaffel at 2:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2012