Not TTC but fertility related question adult content

How soon do you typically ovulate after giving birth if your not nursing? I'm 26 days postpartum and having light brown discharge and breast tenderness. I did have what seemed like a period a little over last week ago where the bright red bleeding came back for about five days.

Only worried because the condom slipped tonight and we just had baby number two.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Baby #2 ? And you do not know, this? If you are worried about pregnancy you shouldn't be having sex so soon after baby #2.

Answer by louise2 at 5:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Should you still be in the no sex zone (6 wks?). Anyway, in the future be very careful if you don't want to get pregnant. I know countless women who got pregnant within 6 mo of giving birth accidentally. I swear women must be 10 times more fertile then. And even if you do breastfeed that doesn't guarantee you won't get pregnant.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• Typical ovulation can come ANY time after birth. There's NO calendar date. But this early, you were likely still having post partum bleeding.

Some women ovulate one month after birth. Some don't ovulate for a couple of YEARS. Both ends of the spectrum are normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• I was nursing and on mini pills with my son, it took me three months to have a real period after him. We've been using condoms hence contraception(I thought using a condom was being careful) but they aren't perfect and neither are we as humans.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• There is no date to when you will start ovulating again, or if you did but 26 days post is way to soon to have sex, and since it's baby #2 you know this. your body needs those 6 weeks to heal.
    ThomJones3

Answer by ThomJones3 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2012

• you are Very Fertile right after giving Birth - I Know several people that got pregant just week-months after giving birth...
    futurebabykar

Answer by futurebabykar at 3:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• unfortunately, this number can differ between women. I don't know of even a usual time for this to happen. Don't worry about the early sex though, my hubby and I couldn't even wait for two weeks after the birth of my babies so yay for you!!! I do think you have reason to worry a bit... sorry.
    zbralady

Answer by zbralady at 10:55 PM on Dec. 13, 2012