my husband and i want to apply for housing..we have a daughter...if i'm illigal here can i still be in the lease? we are working on getting my documentation..we are in the process....i live in massachusetts? does anyone know if i can "live" with them the right way? under the same lease? because i dont have a social right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• probably not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• nope
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Nope. You need a SSN.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ?? Why is this under entertainment? And No...I don't think you can be on the lease with the new terrorism laws.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• No, and good luck with that. I live in MA and have been on housing waiting lists for almost a year now. There is a 2-3 year wait minimum on most of them. And the ones that have availability are in high crime areas! Ugh!

Call the Department of Transitional Assistance near you, and ask them any questions that you have (you can do it anonymously, without giving them your name or info.)
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• no people don't get married to get green cards...they get married because they love each other....i love my husband....that's why i said we're working on getting my documenation (green card). it doesn't happen the same day you get married...it takes a while probably years...that's why i was asking if i was able to be in the same lease.but i guess not...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Not if you are applying for assisted housing (HUD, section 8) They require EVERYONE who moves in to have a Social Security number.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:30 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Please tell me where this fits in as entertainment??
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• UM LET ME SEE MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE PUT IT UP ON THE IMMIGRANT SECTION HUH? WHERE ELSE WAS I GOING TO PUT IT ON? CERTAINTLY NOT UNDER PREGNANCY RIGHT..I DONT THINK SO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2009