How can i get my 2 year old to stay in her own bed?

My daughter is just about 2 1/2 and she will not sleep in her bed all night for anything. When she was a baby up until about july she slept through the night no problems. It is starting to get very frustrating. She wakes up at about 2am every night and comes into our room and cries until i get her milk or juice and turn on a movie. I hate that i give her a cup in bed, it is totally against everything i have ever done with her. I feel like i am being a bad mom because of it. I really need some help trying to get her to stay in her bed all night. I have even tried bringing her back into her room but even if she is completely asleep she will wake up and freak out until i lay her on my bed. I want to try and get her out of this habit by the time my husband comes back in May. Any ideas? What worked for you?

lenasmomma

Asked by lenasmomma at 1:09 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her back to her room and sit in a chair next to her bed until she falls asleep. Then the next night move the chair away from her bed. You do this for a week, moving the chair further from her bed and closer to the door until you are out. Another way to do it is to just be firm and constantly put her back into her own bed and let her cry. It will take at least a week but she will learn that you are not going to give in. Maybe give her an incentive to staying in her own bed all night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree with the PP!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009