My hair!!!

I'm in need of some advice in dealing with my hair.I'm 20wks pregnant with fraternal twin boys...I also have 4 other kids 8,4,3 and 21mths.My hair is very freezy now and very dull looking.I juse VO5 hot oil treatments on it but it doesn't seem to do anything but make my hair look greasy!I want to look nice while I'm pregnant but I'm not sure what I should do about it.

ArmyWife041408

Asked by ArmyWife041408 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• buy a good flat iron, and some SILK DROPS from walmart. They work wonders.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Go to walmart.com and search for-
    Andis 1 1/2" Ceramic Flat Iron

Got2B Crazy Sleek: Hot Smoothing Spray Flat Iron & Blow Dry

Fx Special Effects: Flat Iron Spray

I work in a salon and use all of these on a daily basis...they are amazing, and the prices are unbeatable. The last two can only be bought in the store though!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:19 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Smear it with mayonnaise and wrap in warm wet towel, take a bath, rinse in shower, light shampoo and good conditioner. Won't hurt you and women having been doing it for years, Good luck.
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 9:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I was going to suggest products similar to the ones Mikayla Lynn advised...
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 4:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Do you have a lot of breakage in your hair? If so, nothing will really fix that except a trim.

If not, the best thing I've found (because I have a bit of the same issue) is to experiment with shampoos and find something that is formulated to "de frizz before it happens" (Right now I'm using Herbal Essences Long term relationship...It's a strengthening shampoo/conditioner and works well for my hair.) When you find a good one your hair will be better behaved when it comes to be styling time...And then I would go with what Mikayla_lynn says.

Also, for a quick fix I've found Infusium 23 works well for defrizing. And a HUGE bottle is only like $5--a major plus in my book.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:11 AM on Feb. 13, 2009