i can't decide what to do?

my husband and i are a military family and just found out we are pregnant im like 4 weeks.
well my eight year old sister has mono and my mom needs me home to take care of her only thing is they live in lousiana and we live in cali. i really wanna help my mom but im gonna need doctor appts and cause it is different area we have to change my insurance and doctors to tricare south. which means in 1 1/2 months when i come back to cali i will have to change it all back and find other doctors and be put on thier waiting list.
we are so excited and wanna do everything right so i know i have to go to doctors between here and there

so would you do not help your mom and stay or would you just go ahead and help her and just deal with the hassel?

camogirllrt

Asked by camogirllrt at 1:12 AM on Feb. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is hard i would want to help but then that is alot of pain in butt that you dont need i think me personally i would go help and before i got back home look up drs and get on their lists before i got back ... to make things easy
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I would stay home. You don't need the added stress of having to deal with moving around and dealing with finding new doctors. While it would be nice to help your mom out, you're also going to be going through some things (morning sickness, hormonal changes, etc) and it's not easy to take care of someone else during that time. Trust me, I had to take care of my toddler during all that fun stuff! I'm sure your mom would understand if you decided not to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• You could set up a doc appointment before you go, then one right after you get back. First trimester appointments are every month, so if you make it 1.5 months from one apt to the other it is NOT a big deal lol.. If you are just visiting and have an emergency you are covered even in different regions. You are only 4 weeks pregnant.. make an apt take you prenatal vitamins eat healthy and you should be fine. If you have an emergency the hospital will accept you.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• why not see if your sister can come stay with you? cause it isnt like she would be in school anyway and it would less stressfull on you maybe not so on your mom, just an idea good luck in whatever you decide
    mrs.cooley

Answer by mrs.cooley at 1:31 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• In the beginning you only go once a month. One and a half months is not long between appointments. You'll be fine, go help your mom. You will probably need her help when you have the baby at some point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Should you be around someone with mono when you are pregnant? I think they might be asking too much of you.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Why not wait for an appointment until you're back? They can't do much of anything for you until you're further along anyway...heartbeat cannot be heard until 12-14 weeks and if you know your LMP, no need for ultrasonic dates...I say go (if you want) and then make an appt when you return...problem solved.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:20 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Mono is not life threatening or that big of a deal, unless they need you around for daycare reasons. I'd probably not go and worry about yourself. I'd also ask your doctor what he or she recommends.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• with your sister being that sick with mono i would be very scared of you getting it and then passing it too your baby i would explain things too your mother and just let her know that you can't go do too your health and the health of that baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It wouldn't kill you to get mono, but it would be horrible. You feel like enough crap when you are pregnant and to add mono on top of that...no thanks! if you are really want to go then like the other ladies said, no need to switch around, just call your doc at home and set up things around when you'll be gone. you just have to decide if the stress of travel, takeing care of someone who is sick when you are feeling like being taken care of, and possibly getting sick is worth it. good luck, and congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 12, 2009